Rehab Statistics 2016–2017
2016–2017 statistics on the RADE programme at a glance
At a glance:
RADE can accommodate 21 participants. 3 Support workers and 18 participants all on a CE Scheme funded by The Department of Social Protection.
The following represent stats compiled by the Rehab Team for the year 2016-2017 (Aug – Aug):
- 53.6% of programme participants are on methadone programmes
- 39.3% of programme participants are reducing illicit benzos/alcohol and heroin use.
120 people referred to the RADE programme over the last 12 months (Aug 2016-Aug 2017 with referrals from Self, Prison services (including Probation), Housing supports (primarily hostels), HSE (to include social work dept/addiction/outreach services), IBCAT, Bridge Project, Rialto CDT, Chrysalis, MQI, Coolmine, USICE, Dublin Simon, Focus Ireland, Casadh, Cuan Mhuire, CAP, Community Response, Inchicore /Bluebell CDAT, ALONE, ARC, Ana Liffey
- Average Gender breakdown: Male 16 : Female 2
External Training course undertaken by RADE participants:
- Driving Licence and test-D Licence
- Home Repair and Maintenance-Level 4
- Gardening Skills-Level 4
- Arc Welding course
- Floor and Wall tiling-Level 3
- Train the Trainer Level 6
- Advanced facilitation-Level 6
- Fashion Buying and Merchandising-Level 5
- Costume Design and Make-up-Levels 5 and 6
Other courses included:
- Performance courses with the Gaiety School of Acting
- 1 CE Support worker secured full-time employment in Social Care sector
- 1 CE Support Worker secured full time employment in Dublin Simon Community as Flexi Support Worker
- 1 participants acquired extras roles (1 had a speaking part) in the TV series “Viking”
- 1 participant secured seasonal work with a Security company (FLS) at various events such as the RDS Young Scientist Exhibition and also at a number of GAA events and music concerts.
- 1 participant is currently working with a Music Producer on the production of his album. He has also secured work in a tv advert.
- 1 participant has secured work experience placement in Dublin Central Mission.